for hardwood flooring
With just a few simple steps, you can protect the investment you've made in new hardwood floors and keep them looking new. Sweep, dust, or vacuum regularly, and use a damp cloth to blot spills as soon as they happen. Use can also periodically clean your floor with a recommended hard surface cleaner. Talk to our flooring specialists to learn more.
- Use quality mats at all home entryways to help collect dirt that could be tracked onto your flooring
- Put floor protectors on chair legs and under furniture
- Maintain an indoor humidity level of 45-65%
- Avoid dropping sharp objects or walking on your floors with stiletto heels. Keep pet nails trimmed.
- Rearrange rugs and furniture for even sun exposure
- Never drag or slide heavy furniture across the floor